Pugwash Central Water Supply Construction Update
September 30, 2016
On behalf of the Municipality of Cumberland and the Village of Pugwash, WSP Engineering and Dexter Construction would like to provide a construction update to provide a snap shot into the upcoming weeks ahead of us.
- Water Main Crew will be working on Route 6 heading west from Palmerston Bridge towards Murray Road, then along Murray Road to Pleasure Cove. This work will involve a trenching machine and installing fused HDPE water main.
- Water Main Crew will continue working on Durham Street installing water main east toward Tide Mill Bridge.
- Bridge Crew will continue working on the Tide Mill Bridge installing pipe hangers to carry the water main across the Bridge and then move to Palmerston Bridge.
- Of note, ahead of the lateral crew, a proposed location for your water service will be identified with a stake at the Transportation, Infrastructure & Renewal Right of Way, either Sam or Jack from WSP Engineering or a designated representative from Dexter Construction will contact you to discuss the final location for the water service to be installed, that allows you to continue the service to your house at a later date.
- Reinstatement of streets will continue on an intermittent basis with sections of work of an appropriate size become completed and pretested with Asphalt and shouldering, landscaping to follow.
- Please note the Contractors work plans are subject to change depending on the availability of work force, the current work at hand and location of the work. You may notice the number of crews fluctuating on a week by week basis on this project.
- Traffic control methods are submitted and reviewed by TIR and on this project and you will experience a “Stop and Go” system where you are “Stopped” and the flagger flips the sign to allow you to “Go”; you will also experience “Signed Detours” to help move you around the zone of construction, along with certain streets under construction closed allowing “Local Traffic Only” and the contractor would work with the residents affected to provide access to your property.
- Following both crews, pending the water main progress a lateral crew will install the water service from the newly installed water main to the edge of the Transportation, Infrastructure & Renewal Right of Way to service your property.
For more information, please click here.
Pugwash is Number One!!
First conference on nuclear disarmament - Thinkers Lodge, Pugwash 1957
Pugwash Conference shares Nobel Peace Prize - 1995
First community in North America with bilingual street signs - 1951
First memorial to a Canadian-born female in Canada - 1870
Only underground salt mine in Nova Scotia - 1959
Home of the award winning Supertunia Bordeaux petunia - 2004
Communities in Bloom - National winner 2014