Latest Update - Municipal Central Water Project
August 19, 2016
On behalf of the Municipality of Cumberland and the Village of Pugwash, WSP Engineering and Dexter Construction we would like to provide a construction update to provide a snap shot into the upcoming weeks ahead of us.
• Water Main Crew #1 is working on King Street installing water main toward Church Street, and would then move to Victoria Street, west end, to continue with the installation of the water main.
• Water Main Crew #2 is working on Black Street installing water main toward Church Street, and would then move to Prince Albert Street, west end, to continue with the installation of the water main.
• Depending on the progress of Crew #1 or Crew #2, Russell Street would be used as a fill in to help keep construction and resident traffic patterns flowing within the Village core.
• Following both crews, pending the water main progress Lateral Crew #3 and Lateral Crew #4 will install the water service from the newly installed water main to the edge of the Transportation, Infrastructure & Renewal Right of Way to service your property. Of note, ahead of the lateral crew, a proposed location for your water service will be identified with a stake at the Transportation, Infrastructure & Renewal Right of Way, either Sam or Jack from WSP Engineering or a designated representative from Dexter Construction will contact you to discuss the final location for the water service to be installed that allows you to continue the service to your house at a later date.
• Reinstatement of streets will start over the next couple weeks with Asphalt and shouldering, landscaping to follow at a later date.
• Please note the Contractors work plans are subject to change depending on the availability of work force, the current work at hand and location of the work. You may notice the number of crews fluctuating on a week by week basis on this project.
• Traffic control methods are submitted and reviewed by TIR and on this project and you will experience a “Stop and Go” system where you are “Stopped” and the flagger flips the sign to allow you to “Go”; you will also experience “Signed Detours” to help move you around the zone of construction, along with certain streets under construction closed allowing “Local Traffic Only” and the contractor would work with the residents affected to provide access to your property.
Health and Safety/Engineering Services
Municipality of Cumberland
Upper Nappan Service Center
Pugwash is Number One!!
First conference on nuclear disarmament - Thinkers Lodge, Pugwash 1957
Pugwash Conference shares Nobel Peace Prize - 1995
First community in North America with bilingual street signs - 1951
First memorial to a Canadian-born female in Canada - 1870
Only underground salt mine in Nova Scotia - 1959
Home of the award winning Supertunia Bordeaux petunia - 2004
Communities in Bloom - National winner 2014
Pugwash is an exciting and vibrant village on the North Shore of Nova Scotia offering a variety of activities. Shoppers have a selection of unusual gift stores including Seagull Pewter and Basic Spirit outlets. For art lovers we have The Mixed Palette art group, the Jean Wallace Gallery and Horton House Gallery. Outdoors people can swim at one of our many fine beaches, hike our trails or golf at one of Canada’s top one hundred courses.
Natural elements abound, leaving first time visitors in awe. Even local people, who see seasons come and go, marvel at the natural beauty. Mild winters slide into spring then give way to endless summers ... warm water, beautiful days, and crystal clear night skies. Don't forget Indian summer. Its warm days and cool nights are perfect for enjoying stunning fall colours.