Latest Information on how to connect to the new Pugwash water Supply System
October 16th, 2017
- Local contractors were invited to meet with the Municipality water supply team last week to standardize levels of services/ work expected and discuss pricing of work expected.
- Many of these contractors will be at a public information session next week to discuss this information with home/business owners.
- Home owners can use these contractors - or not. It is their choice.
- Home owners should not expect to find one contractor who can do all the work. It may take two or three contractors - an excavator, a plumber/pipe fitter and a landscaper (for example).
- This stage of work will simply connect the curb stop to piping which will terminate inside the home/business.
- This work cannot start until all pressure testing of the basic system is complete. This is ongoing and should be complete by the end of October.
- The next stage of work to complete the connection to the new water system will have to be a coordinated effort between the home/business owner, their plumber and the Municipality. The Municipality will be installing the water meter and turn the water on at the curb stop. This will not be done until an inspection has been made inside the building to be sure the building's water well has been disconnected from the building's main water system. An appointment with the Municipality will have to be made to coordinate this work.
Newsletter: It Takes a Village
For more information and archived editions,
please go to this page